Saturday, January 23, 2010

Clogged Toilets #2


In the early 70’s, while living in Pikesville, MD, in a wonderful old house in Sudbrook Park, I had another clogged toilet experience.

It was mid-afternoon, and my youngest son was not visible, although no one was looking for him. He was young, and must have been about 4 or 5. We were sitting around not doing anything in particular that I can remember, when there was this noise.

We heard the sound of running water (not in a good way) and screaming! It was loud wailing, clearly from within the house and clearly from our son. We ran to the bathroom and the sight I saw is permanently imprinted on my mind.

My baby was standing on the toilet, with the top down on the seat, screaming as water etc. flowed over the seat and ran all over the floor, and of course into the basement through the ceiling!

He had tried to stop it with the top of the seat, a good move for a small child, but of course to no avail.

I do believe he never used that bathroom again. I am surprised he was ever able to use any bathroom again, and if he ever has constipation problems as an adult, I am sure this event will be the root of the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment