Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Arthur and Family go to the White Castle


My older children and their families, their mother and grandparents were in Detroit last week, and we were invited to come down and join them on Saturday. We used to do this annually, but last year their grandparents were staying in Florida and some of the kids went.


I was surprised that plans had changed and wasn't informed about it until very late which caused us to have to redo lots of plans. However, it’s always worth it to see all the kids. Plus, the added bonus was my newest grandchild, number 7, was to be present and I’d never seen her in person. So, I was to have all seven grandchildren, all three boys, all three daughters in law and my first wife and her parents together for a lunch, it was too good to miss.

My daughter, who is still in high school, wanted to go and see all the family, so we were driven. My daughter’s main motivation, if the truth be known, was to go to White Castle! There is an unseen force in my family; the draw to White Castle is enormous. When I lived near one, I went once in a while, but when we have none nearby, the draw is magnetic!

We dropped Max the wonder dog off at the kennel on Saturday morning about 8:15 a.m. and headed down the road. We made the border by 11:00 a.m. and were at my former wife’s house by noon.

A wonderful afternoon was had be all, with a great traditional (for us) deli lunch and great deserts provided by them and us, and some gift giving for the kids. We were off before 5:00 p.m.
We went to Wal-Mart for some sale Max Factor cosmetics which seem to be leaving the U.S. for Europe, and then to Target for a big shopping for all. Even though the shopping craze was winding down by Saturday evening, we were able to find some great bargains. I was very pleased with my sweaters that I bought for $10 each. A bit poorer we were off to 23 Mile Road/New Baltimore to get to Whitey’s.

Six double cheese, three single cheese, chicken rings, a sack of fries, a sack of onion chips, a package of sweet potato fries and a box of 16 frozen single hamburgers and three drinks made us feel really good!

We had achieved our true purpose!

The border was quiet and easy.

The three hours back were long and tiresome. I gave up driving duties before we reached London, ON. I was just too tired.

We returned home at midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment