Friday, December 25, 2009

Home Delivery #2


I said yesterday that at this point the only thing still delivered in the newspaper and pizza. The newspaper seems to be a dying thing sadly, and pizza and other food items are an obvious add on to the cost, not a built in expense.

I was reminded that in the old days, people would go downtown, shop and send the packages home, and return items not wanted or needed by calling the store and having a free pickup! Free pick up and delivery, those were the days.

I forgot yesterday about the mail; my error. The mail is still delivered, and as far as I know it will still be coming to our homes.

When I lived in Calgary it came to a group mailbox down the street, but it still was mail. I know this Christmas the mail numbers are off, and will continue to decline I am sure. But even with all the email, there is nothing as good as a mail delivery.

Just consider package delivery. I buy on line all the time, but it can’t be delivered on line. It has to get to us by carrier, either public or private, someone has to deliver. I know I spend too much time at a postal outlet picking up undelivered packages, but it’s OK, I still get a chance to guess what’s coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment