Thursday, November 5, 2009

Out for the evening...

image is taken from : www.topspeed.com/cars/ford-explorer/ke342.html
On August 16, I wrote about big band jazz, and our venturing forth to a concert at Mohawk College to see the Darcy Hepner Jazz Orchestra and Sophia Perlman, singer, with some of our friends.

As of this fall, the band has been appearing at the Corktown Pub in Hamilton on Wednesday nights. So, after lots of phone calls and emails, we made arrangements to go last night. We had reservations and went for dinner and the music.

My wife made arrangement for me to drive most of the people, and it was a rainy evening, although not as bad as the photo!


As we drove over, about two thirds of the way, my car decided to die! The dash went out, followed by everything else, but it seemed to have about a third of the regular power and kept on moving. I nursed it up a hill and out of harms way and traffic and pulled up into a parking space on a quiet street.

I was very unhappy!

We called the Pub, moved our reservation forward an hour, called CAA (AAA for US readers), and called a cab for everyone but me. The cab came in five minutes and took them all to the pub and the tow truck came in fifteen minutes, flat bedded me to our regular neighborhood garage, and drove me home.

I got into my wife’s car, drove to the pub, ordered dinner and a beer (theirs hadn’t come yet and the first set was just getting started. As well, Sophia Perlman, their sometimes singer, appeared to sing with them last night and it was grand!

Dinner was great, and all is well except my car, which was waiting for a diagnoses or parts.

It turned out to be the alternator, as I figured, and my car has been repaired and returned.

All in all, except for the chest pains I got while waiting for the tow truck, it was a great evening.

My life is a drama or at least an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment