Friday, November 20, 2009

Late Night Urinal


I have been really busy and it’s been hard to get the time and the thoughts together to do a story. I have many to go, and have itching to do some of them. However, I had to laugh last night.

I was standing at the urinal in the downtown Toronto Bus Terminal at 11:00 p.m. giggling. There was a guy in a stall and a guy standing next to me and I know this was not appropriate public men’s room behavior, but I couldn’t help it.

I had just gone through a late night, downtown bus terminal with a small crowd of people waiting, I think, for the all night bus to Montreal. There were mostly kids there with a few, less than healthy looking adults and here I was one of the crowd.

I was an almost 68 year old guy in need of a haircut, in torn jeans and an old rain jacket, using a public bus station toilet late at night. I thought, the only fashion accessory I needed was a pint of whiskey in a paper bag! All I could do was laugh!

Stacey and Clinton, where are you now? (For the uninitiated, this is a popular culture reference to “What Not To Wear”)
Five minutes later my daughter’s bus arrived and we went home...

No comments:

Post a Comment