Wednesday, November 11, 2009

It's a tree job!


I got the call at 3:30 p.m. yesterday,”Our tree is gone! “
“What do you mean, our tree is gone?” "The Linden tree has been destroyed!”

Now this scenario can be played out in many ways, but I thought I’d go for calm. “Explain it to me, please”.

It seems the city fathers, in their wisdom, sent in a crew to trim the trees on our street. They were a bit overzealous in their work ethic, and kind of over pruned by my estimate. On the other hand, they did about $500 worth of tree trimming on my property for free!

My neighbor said she asked them what they were doing and they told her the garbage truck people were complaining about the overhanging branches.

Now, I discover, the city listens to the garbage truck guys. I knew they must have listened to someone, surely it’s not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment