Monday, June 8, 2009

The light has been shed...




It takes twenty years or more for some stories to come to light. My sons usually provide me with a tidbit every now and then about the “good old days” that somehow I didn’t know. Every parent goes through this kind of thing eventually.

However, to get this from a friend can be an eye opening experience!

Last night on the phone I heard a story (a confession) from the early 80’s not involving any of my kids!

It seems a friend of mine was having an affair with another one of my friends. I was not surprised to learn about this as I had suspected it anyway, it just came to light yesterday. His second affair with the same woman many years later was another mystery solved, but still not an eye opener!

It seems that while my family and I were away, my friends sneaked into my back year on a beautiful summer evening for a nude swim and love making. (How nice I put it. I could have been a romance writer.)

The next day, the young woman realized that she was without underwear, and confessed to my friend that perhaps he needed to find them. He came over the next night, came over the fence and retrieved her underwear so we wouldn’t find them upon our return.

I laughed so much, as this was great nostalgia (for him I think), that I called my first wife to tell her what happened. She was less than enthusiastic for sure, and, if she still owned the house, would have had the pool drained and scrubbed!

No comments:

Post a Comment