Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A bit of a rant!


Did you notice that we are seeing the death of the underarm spray-on deodorant? What is this? Do we have a group plotting the destruction of the spray based on saving the ozone? Do we have people plotting to stop us from fouling our atmosphere? Or, do we have people who want us to foul up our atmosphere by not smelling very good?

Of late I have been unable, when I try, to purchase my non-scented deodorant, and in fact the few sprays I have found are usually “sport” scented. What is “sport” scent but the smell of sweat?

The available products seem to be the solid sticks (I hate those sticky things), the roll on ball (forget that) and the all-in-one spray for all your private and your exposed parts.

That may surely be the plot, the all-in-one.

They took away shirt sleeve dimensions by adding two buttons, so you could have 32/33 etc. This was done instead of actual sizes, the more expensive product to make. They gave us expandable waist pants (great for me) to give us give, but to also make one size to sort of fit many. They gave us the OSFA label (one size fits all), something that never works. I have a size 8 head! There is no normal baseball cap in the one size that can come close to an 8! In the effort to save manufacturing costs to maximize profits, we have losr something in the translation.

I do believe the plan is to switch us to the one smell, one product, one body junk rather than make different products in different containers in different sizes. We have stuff like AXE, the one smell for everything, and we have all over sprays, which give us one product for everything.

I want my spray deodorant! (Do this to the tune of "I want my MTV")

No comments:

Post a Comment