Monday, June 15, 2009

Full tilt edit or, think before you speak


I was on the road yesterday and was feeling tired. I drove by a little Mom and Pop ice cream and snack food stand and decided to go and buy a cone.

I went up to the counter and ordered a small twist. The young lady gave it to me and I asked her where the bathroom was. She told me to go around the back and enter through the back door.

There was a bathroom in the back, sort of in the stand itself, but behind their workplace. I walked around the back and went to enter the bathroom when the girl came to the back, looked at me and my bit of a dilemma, and said, “Can I hold that for you sir?”

My full mouth filter came on, and I could not do it to this apple cheeked young lady.

She looked at me again, as I smiled, and she said, “Can I hold the cone for you while you go in?”


"No need," I said, "but thanks anyway."

In spite of my son’s concerns, sometimes I do think before I speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment