Monday, February 27, 2012

I have no idea what you’re talking about

The conversation was short and it kept me laughing for some time.


I saw a friend and said thank you. She asked what for and I explained that when she and her husband had dinner at our house with friends, we spoke about Alzheimer's, as we all had been affected by it. She said this movie basically about Alzheimer’s was really good and they had more than one copy of it. The next week she brought a new copy to my office, still in the original cellophane.


Today she said, “I have no idea what you’re talking about”.
I explained the movie and the stars, and she said, “I have no idea what you’re talking about”.


I can’t stop laughing! If you can't remember a movie you gave me about Alzheimer's, than I guess you really do have a problem. This should not seem funny, I guess.


The movie is: “Away From Her” -  2006


Starring Julie Christie, Gordon Pinset and Olympia Dukakis.


A man coping with the institutionalization of his wife because of Alzheimer's disease faces an epiphany when she transfers her affections to another man, Aubrey, a wheelchair-bound mute who also is a patient at the nursing home.



No comments:

Post a Comment