Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Dinner for Six

I had agreed reluctantly to get dinner for the six people (including me) for the committee meeting at 5:00 p.m. I wanted to have the meeting in a restaurant, and it seemed such a nice idea to go and order, let someone else prepare the food and sit and discuss. This seemed to be the easy answer but no, not the way we wanted to do it, so I was stuck. “It’s just a simple pizza dinner” I was assured.

Here’s how the simple pizza went.

The first person contacting me was a vegetarian and wanted to remind me so I’d get the right kind of pizza.
The second person to let me know was a vegan, and wanted to let me know so I’d be able to get the right kind of pizza.
This morning we counted and we confirmed six although one wasn’t going to eat (probably).

I decided we needed salad.
I went to the bulk food market to get candy for my later Board meeting scheduled for 7:30 p.m.

I went to the supermarket and bought a salad and two kinds of dressing, one with cheese and one for a vegan.

I went to the Dollar Store to buy plastic plates for pizza and salad, the more solid kind, as well as bowls in case someone wanted salad bowls and we needed some for the candy as my old bowls had been thrown out sometime ago.
I looked around the building and found cups and forks as well as napkins for then dinner.

When I returned I went on line to order the pizza, but found it too hard to make the web site understand my dilemma. I called Pizza Pizza in order to explain my predicament and had the pizzas delivered at 5:30 p.m. which was just right.
I spent $9 at the Dollar Store for the plates and bowls and $52 on pizza. I spent an additional $12 on salad and dressings. It was fine, but at the end of the meeting we decided to do this again next month, so I demanded a brown bag dinner.

All I wanted to do was meet at a restaurant and make it all simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment