Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Exotic Eating at Costco

I left work early today and went off for a visit to Costco. Now normally, I don’t visit Costco often, but my wife had said the next time I go, I should get some maple syrup which was always a good buy there. Unfortunately, it has gone up from about $10 a bottle to $12.59, but I thought it was a nice day to shop and I took the opportunity to look around Costco for “stuff”.

I traveled through the TV’s and computers as always, and loved it all. However, it was the exotic food tasting that got to me today. I was just there to stroll, so when I ran into a food tasting, I tried it. I only went to three, but it has changed so much from the earliest “Joe Lunch bucket” Costco favorites to an exotic menu worthy of the Food Channel.

In a few minutes I had Chicken Kabob with Tzatziki, a hot shrimp in Thai Chili Sauce and a smoked oyster on a wheat cracker. This was just on a normal Wednesday afternoon at about 4p.m.

I was overwhelmed! This is not what I was prepared for. My congratulations to them all! I missed the lady handing out an exotic breakfast cereal with blueberries and almonds, although I bought a box anyway as it looked good, and I also got my syrup.

I think I’ll be back next week to see if I can do the free lunchtime buffet! If not, there is always their huge hot dog and fries for about $2.50 and that’s with a large soft drink! OK, not too exotic but what a deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment