Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The very last words my daughter heard as she rushed out of the house on Friday night ...

This is not really my SRX, it's Jewel's but it's the same kind of vehicle but with a bit more damage.

The very last words my daughter heard as she rushed out of the house on Friday night were, “Be careful, my car is parked towards the middle of the driveway as I was going back out, and didn’t think anyone was going to pull out first!”

A warning is just that, a warning. It is meant to convey a message, and is thought understood by the person delivering such a warning. How wrong I was! Not a minute later my daughter reappeared, grief stricken, as she had just rammed her mother’s car into her father’s car, causing as much damage as can be administered within a four foot distance.
Words cannot express my outrage on this subject! I was enraged! I was having an out of body experience, and not in a good way. We had to leave in a few minutes for a football game and had to be there to see my other daughter as a cheerleader, on the jumbotron. I did not have time to linger and both cars were reasonably driveable although my door won’t open beyond about 60%.

Today they go to the body shop for estimates. There is no estimate for the number of years it has taken from our lives, just an estimate for auto body damage.
I asked my daughter to invest in good leather heels, she will need them in order to walk everywhere.

1 comment: