Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Sheetz

For those of you who know, there is Sheetz. For those who don’t,” above all else, Sheetz is about providing kicked-up convenience while being more than just a convenience store. Sheetz is a mecca for people on the go. If you need to refuel your car or refresh your body, we have what you need to keep you moving on to whatever comes next.

Road warriors. Construction workers. Soccer moms. They all have a special place at Sheetz. We know you don't have time to run all over town for the things you need. Sheetz has what you need, when you need it. And, we're here 24/7/365. Even on Christmas day.” From the Sheetz web site.

Sheetz is a great place for food, fuel and a bathroom in case you have a need.

They have pretty good food and lots of choices including cheap, hot food for travelers.

On the road, I like to go there (you can tell). They have more and better choices than a McDonalds and a place to get gas.

So there I was, on the road, but something was wrong.

The day before I left, due to undue tension at my abode, I missed my regular bathroom visit. In case I’m giving you TMI, as I age, I get more patterned than before, and some things I need to count on. My mother warned me years ago that old people get fixated on bowel movements. And while I may not be there (I’m old, not fixated), my missed opportunity messed me up and I decided, before a long ride, that I should settle this matter.
I asked my wife to see if we had any Senocot, a well-known laxative, and we did. It says an adult can take 2-4 tablets, 1-2 times a day to a maximum of 4 per day. I kind of read that as a dosage of 4. This was not necessarily a wise move, but I took 4 and went to sleep.
In the morning I was fine and regular and assumed it was a slam-dunk. My day started, and off we went into the car and drove.

There is an unwritten double entendre kind of explanation with the term Sheetz. Every time I passed a Sheetz, I did!

There are lots of them on the highways of America, and I visited so many. It was a treat, but they may have put up wanted posters posted by now in the Sheetz bathrooms looking for me. 

 I tried to “have a nice day” when I could.


No comments:

Post a Comment