Sunday, July 3, 2011

A Lunch to Remember

Back in the day, Mr. Mike’s on Woodward Ave. in Detroit was a really good Greek restaurant. Today, as I looked on the net, it seems to be a Karaoke and Sports bar with a Soul Food menu, buts it’s still been operating since 1936.

I liked the place and ate there as often as it came up. It was a place for lunch for me with a great Spinach pie that came with three Greek meatballs. It was really good.

I had a guest one day for lunch, although I can’t remember who it was. I was downplaying my “man about town” image for some reason, and was trying to look frugal but reasonable. I took the guest to Mr. Mikes for lunch, and when asked by my guest, “Do you come here often?” I assured them I liked it, but seldom came there.

The waitress approached just then and put down a Gin Martini on the rocks with olives in front of me, and said, “Here’s the usual for you Arthur, and what will your guest have?”

1 comment:

  1. thats because you are unforgettable Arthur!!!

    ReplyDelete