Sunday, July 21, 2013

Todays Drama Queen...


I’m in the last two minutes of a documentary on TV, and my daughter, who had just left for work, comes storming back in yelling at me that her mother’s car is stuck in Park and she can’t get out of the driveway and needs the keys to my car immediately. She is nervously walking around trying to find the additional set of my keys, and proceeds to find mine. She tries to remove my car keys from the ring. I tell her that the car will release from park if she just steps on the brake when she does it, but she has no time for my nonsense.

I drag myself away from the documentary and go for my keys and offer to drive her to work, and of course pick her up at 10:30. She huffs and puffs for a bit and decides to believe me so we drag out the door after she chastises me for not wearing shoes and therefore taking more precious time to get shoes and get to the car.

On her way out she jumps into her mother’s car again and tries out my stupid idea and lo and behold, the car starts.

No thanks you given of course, but with a very red face she sheepishly backs out if the driveway.


No comments:

Post a Comment