Monday, July 8, 2013

Just looking on the Internet....


My thanks to Ingmar Bergman for the still...
 
I looked up an old girlfriend in Michigan on Google thinking I'd try and email her. We were "together" so many years ago, and we were good friends afterwards. My wife and I visited with her and her first husband several times.

She would now be about 56 or 57, the same age as my wife.  When she met her new (second) husband and decided to get married, she called me to talk about it, but that was 1989, just as we were leaving Michigan for Boston. We talked for a while but that was the last time we communicated. I have other stories about her elsewhere on this blog.

 I looked for her the other day and found out she is deceased! She is listed as “the late” in her father's obituary from earlier this year. I could find out no more information, but in reading her father’s obit it was clear I had found the correct woman.

 This would have been sad although not completely unexpected if she were my age, but mid-50's!

 I could find no other info about her. I had her new name and knew it was her for sure.

It left me very sad.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment