Monday, July 15, 2013

Gio's Giant Feed




 On the way to DC, we have to pass by Gio’s Barbeque in Clearfield, PA. It was 1:00 p.m. when we arrived at the gas station and restaurant. Lunch was in high gear, a huge event. The most wonderful stuff one would ever like to see.

I was going to the bathroom so I asked my wife to order for me please. She would be angry with me if I ordered anything fattening, and since that’s pretty much all they have, I thought she could give it a try and find something ”healthy”.

When I returned I was handed a salad. It started with a plate of iceberg lettuce, followed by tomato slices, followed by thin sliced onions, followed by America’s favorite salad ingredient, a handful of FRIES!

This amazing surprise was covered by PULLED PORK! I topped it off with ranch dressing and I had a salad to die for (or because of).

My daughters roast chicken was pretty much the same although my wife somehow avoided the fries.
It’s a great place with a great menu.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment