Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The Puffy Coat


 
We were in Buffalo dropping my mother-in-law off at the airport last week, on her way home, and decided to go shopping at the big off-retail mall. This is always a treat for us, as we don’t really have such a thing locally, and it gives us all a thrill.

It was the week of 4th of July so all the big sales were on. My oldest daughter was with us and wanted to go to Adidas.  Now as a guy without a workout mentality, Adidas is not usually my kind of place but given my choice of sitting on the bench outside the store or going in I opted for a trip through the store.

Most of the stuff, even well priced was slick and not for me. However, there  was a clearance rack, which will always draw me in, and they had a rack of winter down coats, puffy coats! I love those and they were great.

As I looked through the rack I realized there were a number of different styles and colours, including my favorites, navy blue and black. I tried on the blue but my daughter didn’t like it and the black one won out. It is puffy, shiny and says Adidas on it. It has a retail price of $150 (I even checked on line) or it did in the winter. The company is selling it on line for $90.

The blue one was marked $29.99 and the black was $19.99. However, if you bought two clearance items, the cheaper one was reduced by 50%, and as my daughter had found some other amazingly cheap thing my new puffy coat cost me $10!

Did I need a new winter coat? Of course not, I had tons of them. However, one of the local charities will get several now that I have this one. My $10 coat made me happy.
I am the hunter/gatherer. I am fulfilling my destiny.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment