Thursday, June 14, 2012

Technology is sumpin’, isn’t it?


I called my wife on the cell phone but she was otherwise engaged and I got her voice mail. I decided not to send a message, and the phone went dark. When I got it back to colour, I couldn’t find the shut off button for the phone call any longer. Even though it’s been a while, my phone usage is limited, and I didn’t know what to do. The call had disappeared for all intents and purposes, so I forgot it and continued on down the road. I put on my MP3 player, and returned to my book, a murder mystery with two actors playing all the roles. I continued on to lunch.

When my wife realized someone had called, she called in for her message and found a man screaming from my number, followed closely by a woman screaming. She had no idea why I was so angry and why there was a woman with me, also so angry.

She called later on to see what was wrong and I was dumbfounded by her questions. I had no idea my cell phone continued to pick up and broadcast my MP3 production to her cell phone. She had several minutes of the novel being recorded by her phone.

First of all, the whole transaction was probably illegal as we surely broke all sorts of international laws transmitting copy written material across the airwaves and rerecording it as well. Plus, she was concerned that I was so angry that I would be screaming at her.

Technology is sumpin’, isn’t it?


No comments:

Post a Comment