Saturday, June 9, 2012

My First Blog Story from February 24, 2009

The $300 Night Light


We have an over the range microwave oven, which has a fan and a light in the bottom of it. This is a Jenn-Air which was about $600, and is about 3 or 4 years old. (OK, I paid $400 and it was an out-of-date model!)

I replaced a bulb in the bottom portion, used to light the range below it and it becomes a night light. I twisted the bulb the wrong way because it’s in a backwards position and it came apart in my hand. This caused a big bang, and a flash and no more light working.

I checked around and there was no separate fuse. I used a meter and there was no electricity. I gave up.

Sandy wanted it fixed, and we found a guy who was willing to come out and look, as most appliance repair places will not bother with microwaves.

The visit, with tax, was $77. I fried the board, and to replace it will be $179 plus $30 labor. Sandy wants her light. The oven is still good and a new one (of the same brand and size) is $600.

I have now ordered the $300 night light!

June 2012- It's Still Working (Thank God!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment