Friday, June 22, 2012

Praise


My son’s band played a very large gig last weekend. All the band members who have families probably refer to the band as their son’s band, so I must say it’s the Fabulous Dialtones from Washington DC and my son is a member. He plays lead guitar (as do several others it seems) and he sings as well (as do several others). When I saw them it was great!

Very often his kids (my grandchildren) go with him to the larger, outdoor events, and last week his oldest son, at 14, went with his father.

Usually, he finds the music not up to his taste, and perhaps geezer rock, as they are primarily a cover band doing 60’s, 70’s and 80’s music.

There were thousands of people in the audience, and my grandson watched. After it was over he excitedly said to his father, “You blew the roof off of the F’ing building!!!” This was the height of praise for a 14 year old to his father.
We have reached a new high (and a new low at the same time!)


No comments:

Post a Comment