Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Eye in the Sky

My wife and I went to the supermarket a week and a half ago and among the items we purchased was a carton of humus. This was in a branch of our favourite market, but a sort of “inner city” version of our suburban market. When we got home and looked at the slip, we had been charged twice for the hummus.
Given that driving back was worth more than the $4 we would recoup, we decided to wait until my wife was in the neighbourhood. Yesterday she was back and went in to see the management about the $4. If it had been in our neighbourhood market we assumed we would just be given the $4. Here, however, the customer is not always right. They checked the date stamp of the slip and turned to the video for the time and the aisle we were in, and they watched the clerk charge us twice for the hummus and they apologised for the error and gave my wife the $4.

This was a wakeup call! This may exist in our supermarket as well, and it is scary! We are not stealing things per sea, but my wife put me on notice not to eat from the bulk foods anymore!

There is an eye in the sky!

No comments:

Post a Comment