Thursday, June 10, 2010

My E Cigerette Review

My Business Manager, clearly not a personal manager but my Institutional Manager came into my office today and shoved some crap into my mouth! She does that from time to time, like a chip with some crap on it that I may be fatally allergic to because she assumes if she likes it everyone must have it! Type A personalities kill me!

Today’s insanity was an e cigarette. When she decides (for the fourth time I think) to stop smoking, I guess I need to try out her remedy.

I don’t smoke! I haven’t smoked since I was 28. I started at 8, when my friend Mike and I smoked in the woods. We smoked his fathers or mothers cigarettes that he took from their room, John Alden’s! These were a short lived product I guess, because when I started up for real, at 14, they didn’t exist. I worked my way up to about two packs a day when I was in college, where we could smoke in class. When I quit, I was at a pack a day.
Since then the only smoking I’d done was a cigar or two over the past few decades, when someone had a baby or lately, Cuban masterpiece we can get in Canada. But, really, not more than 6 or 8 cigars in the past 40 years!

All this background aside, Linda, the Business Manager, stuck her e cigarette in my face!

Wikipedia says:

An electronic cigarette, also known as an e-cigarette or personal vaporizer, is a battery-powered device that provides inhaled doses of nicotine by way of a vaporized solution. It is an alternative to smoked tobacco products, such as cigarettes, cigars, or pipes. In addition to purported nicotine delivery, this vapor also provides a flavor and physical sensation similar to that of inhaled tobacco smoke, while no smoke or combustion is actually involved in its operation.
An electronic cigarette takes the form of some manner of elongated tube, though many are designed to resemble the outward appearance of real smoking products, like cigarettes, cigars, and pipes. Another common design is the "pen-style", so named for its visual resemblance to a ballpoint pen. Most electronic cigarettes are reusable devices with replaceable and refillable parts. A number of disposable electronic cigarettes have also been developed.

So, what happened?

I inhaled through a very hard tube, with great difficulty, and filled my lungs with, water vapor? I am not sure. Smoke or what looked like smoke came out of my nose!

At the same time the nicotine hit, and I was stunned! I actually got a bit dizzy and it lasted for a few minutes. I yelled at her, of course, "What if I was fatally allergic to nicotine?" If I died she would have felt bad. I, on the other hand, would have felt nothing!
My review, a good thing if you need it. At $150 for what sounds like the cigarette (which glows at the end when you suck in) and a six month supply of stuff to fill it with, it’s a good deal. If cigarettes are about $5 a pack and you smoke one a pack day, the $150 is a month’s supply.

Try it, you’ll like it!

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to buy this for my father because he simply cannot quit smoking. Maybe this one will be a good alternative than smoking real cigarettes.
    electronic cigarette reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete