Saturday, June 12, 2010

in 1999, I had a little dream.....

On October 14, 1999, I had this dream and I wrote about it, I guess, to my sons. I saved it and found it this morning. It still makes little sense but it’s fun:

My late mother, (she had passed away in 1997), was in her housecoat and I was in my robe (I can’t figure that one out) and we were in her apartment. She had an article for me to read, and it was three xeroxed pages, which she thought were important. She would not give them to me for she thought I’d not read it, so she demanded that she put them in an envelope and mail them to me.

She put the envelope into her 1960’s Nova, which was in her living room. She pushed it out onto her balcony and held it in place with two large ropes. I was to look down and make sure no cars were in the way, so she could drop it down the eight stories and go down and drive it to the mailbox.

She let go a little to fast and it fell onto the driveway, and on the bounce, it caught the left front fender of a 1956 Ford Fairlane two door, full of older women, and it did some damage.

The women were angry, and she yelled down that she was sorry. We were waiting for them to come up when my wife woke me up and told me to fix the girls breakfast….

I will note that most of it has some meaning of course, and I do remember that she had a written list for me of who was to get what when she died and she wouldn’t let me have it, for she was sure I’d lose it. Now this was not a million years ago, it was in fact a year before she died. But, she put it into an envelope for me and filed it away.

However, ones last wishes are pretty hard to forget, and they were etched in stone in my head. I followed them to the letter! It was about funeral arrangements and property dispersal. Now I’m not talking about the Trump fortune, but more like my youngest son and his wife got the silver, and why!

I never did find the envelope…….

No comments:

Post a Comment