Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Big Bargain- not another razor story!


I have written about razors before. I wrote about Ockham’s razor (April 23, 2009) as well as Gillette razors; one a theoretical concept and one a shaving product.

I have written twice about Ockham’s razor, and it hurts my head to even think about it. However, I love shaving products so today’s story is about razors, the shaving kind.

It’s also a story about bargains, the kind I hate to turn down.

I took my younger daughter to a large chain drugstore on the way home from work on Saturday afternoon, so she could do some make up and perfume shopping, something I am not prone to do. However, I buy all my own drug supplies, and this gave me a chance to look around a bit. I looked for bargains, and found myself at the razor display, and contemplated my next move.

I had at home a box of 52 (or at least what was left of the fairly new box of Gillette Custom Plus razors.) As well, I bought a box of Bic Flex 4, as they were on sale earlier in the week, for $7 a package. I thought I’d try them in comparison to my 2 blade model. In earlier versions I’d used the Gillette 5 blade one and it was remarkable, just way too expensive.

But, I was killing time while my daughter shopped, and I found a pack of Gillette Mach 3 razors for $6.99.

I hadn’t finished with my experimental package of Bic’s, but they were not impressive. I wanted to try the Mach 3, an older model with 3 blades that has achieved much success.

They just keep making all the styles and making the money

My daughter had finished, and I wanted to leave, but I couldn’t help myself, the bargain was there.

I thought it was a 3 razor pack. To be honest, it was a deal. When I approached the register she rang it up at $19.99 plus tax. I became unruly and she phoned for backup.

The backup came in the form of a price checker who went to where I pointed and brought back the sticker which showed I had the right price but they had put it on the wrong blades. I would have forgotten it, but the deal was better already, so I stayed in the fight and won.

I received the 6 pack, a $19.99 price, for $6.99! Score one for the home team!

No comments:

Post a Comment