Saturday, September 8, 2012

I'm mad as hell and I ain't gonna' take this any more!


There were some Fashion Week in New York tickets, and two girls in Montreal wanted to go. One of them had been a design intern in Germany this summer. My daughter’s friend had a friend in a band playing a big gig in New York and she wanted to go and asked my daughter.

In order to get to the event, they had to leave Montreal at 4 a.m. and drive straight through to Manhattan so they rented a car and were going to leave this morning.

They invited my daughter and her friend to go last night and how happy they were. My daughter packed, and they both decided to go to a party rather than to sleep because they could never wake up so early to leave at 4 a.m. but could stay up all night.

At about 2:30 a.m. they went back to the apartment and my daughter realized she couldn't find her US passport and her Canadian citizenship card; both required to enter and leave to get to New York for these events that were so very important.

After many panicked moments of non-finding, rather than give up, she called home as if by some miracle we would, of course, know where it all was.

At 3:00 a.m. my wife woke me up to ask, in a non- congenial way, if I knew where they were. Even if I did, what the hell could I do about it. So after some shouting we told her to stick it up her butt and leave us alone. She had no choice but to stay home and we had to argue for a while until I couldn’t stand it anymore and went to sleep again.

I was awake at 5:30 a.m. but just mad.

As about 11:00 a.m. I actually looked for them and they were in my desk, where we had left them when we crossed the border in August coming back from the Buffalo airport. The border guard must have handed them back to me with mine and I put it away and forgot to return them to her.

Good on me! The last thing she needed to do, the second week of school, was to drive all weekend to see some band she didn’t know in New York! I’m paying for school, not continual vacations!

No comments:

Post a Comment