Monday, September 3, 2012

Barbeque Days


Every year, about the beginning of the spring, usually during a dinner party, I run out of propane for the grill. In the beginning of the fall, right after a vigorous barbeque season, I run out again usually during a dinner party. To insure this won’t happen I have two propane canisters, so one is always ready, or so I planned. I didn’t plan, however, on my laziness.
 
Usually I forget to fill the second one until it’s too late.

Two days ago I felt the tank and it felt OK, but I thought maybe I’d better get some because we were having company over for dinner. I went out and got the tank filled, just in case. As I started to barbeque last night with a patio full of guests, everything seemed fine. About five minutes into it I looked at the temperature to see if I had reached my desired four hundred degrees when I realized I had nothing!

My horror was complete, I was out. However, for one of the only times it has happened, I was prepared!

A quick change over and we were back in business. The whole process may have lasted ten minutes, and we were on our way to a perfect evening.

Next spring, I will remember, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment