Monday, May 21, 2012

What you see is truly what you got.

I was away for a bit and heard saw and some wonderful things.

In Ali Baba’s Shwarma Shop in West Bloor Village (near Toronto) today, I was eating lunch (my favorite shwarma shop) and a couple was in line near by ordering. He ordered two sandwiches for them and the woman behind the counter said, “With everything?” Sure, he said, and asked his wife’ “You want that with everything?” “Sure”, she said, “but what’s everything?” The woman showed her all the stuff layed out on the table in little buckets and she said, “What’s that?” pointing. ”Cabbage”, the woman answered. “I don’t want cabbage”, she said. “I don’t want any of that either, and none of that and no hot sauce, I guess I’ll just have everything with only humus”.

A young woman was standing by her lounge chair, taking off her excess clothing by the pool. We were in downtown Toronto on the most beautiful day I have ever seen, sitting by the pool and the pool bar enjoying the afternoon. We were reading and I was ogling a bit. The woman had to remove her sweat pants, as she had bikini bottoms underneath and as she removed the pants (pulled them down) she also pulled down the bikini bottoms and her bare ass was exposed to no one in particular except to me. She quickly and deftly repaired the problem and no one except me even noticed.

A man yelled to his wife from the bar, “How’d you like a vodka and pomegranate?” “Is it diet?” After a brief conversation with the bartender he says, “No, it’s not diet”.
A thought moment occurs...
”No, forget it, if it’s not diet”.
 Another thought moment occurs...
“Get me a Rye and Coke!”

Two guys at the bar were talking to the bartender as she was making them pitchers of sangria. She was doing a great job and all three of us were commenting on her good work. The young guys were very nice and when the first guy went to pay he pulled out a roll of bills from his bathing suit pocket that surprised me as it was the largest amount of cash I’d ever seen. I’d only seen a similar roll while having drinks many years ago with an old time gangster, a story I will not tell in these pages. There seemed to be many hundreds among the other bills, and frankly I would never have that much cash with me but I guess it was good for a young guy, probably early 20’s.

The bill was $45, and he gave her $60 and told her to keep the change. She argued a bit, and I was surprised by the whole adventure, as was another guy waiting for a beer. He apologised (very Canadian) for not being that kind of a tipper. I did not apologise and did comment on his roll of bills.

There was another woman with an incredible bikini but I have learned from recent beach trips that today’s woman is not in the least bit shy or demure for the most part. Stuff just seems to hang right out there. What you see is truly what you got.

No comments:

Post a Comment