Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Cane Time

I am now using a cane.
This is not the Bat Masterson approach, a cane and derby hat, not the cool cane of another era, but the sad cane of old and crippled.
I just started to hurt on Sunday, and by the evening, it was bad. I was in pain,, and thought it would work itself out. I spent the day at the Doors Open Hamilton event, welcoming people into our building.

I expected not to be busy and thought we would have maybe 50 people in attendance, but we had more than 200. This meant that the book I took with me to read sat on my desk and I was up on my feet most of the time.
I guess starting with our annual auction in mid-April; I had lots of opportunities to be standing around for hours at a time, something I don’t do very often.
By Sunday night I was not walking very well, maybe not at all. Steps were a big problem. On Monday it began to get better but at night it was horrible. I had a Tuesday appointment with the doctor. She sent me for x-rays to see if it was more than the dreaded, “Old and Fat” disease.
I had no response from her office today and can assume it was as expected and no further efforts need be made except stop eating and get younger. She offered drugs but I was fine with Motrin which did help.
This morning it was so much better I was going to forget the cane, one I had left over from an earlier (11 years ago) ankle break. As I was putting on my right sock, I pulled up my right leg a bit on my left knee and I heard (and felt) a tendon snap! OMG!! I went through the roof, and right back to the cane.
Now, I had a real problem, as the twisting effect took over and it was suddenly hard to do thing like drive my car as my foot is turned to use the break and the gas. It hurts!
I went to Costco and had to park a block away and walk and return. It was killing me. Getting in and out of the car hurts now as well because of twisting.
I am using ice now, and it helps, and praying that I’ll lose weight and get younger real soon!
http://youtu.be/IRNImRxRNjc

No comments:

Post a Comment