Saturday, December 10, 2011

My Dear Wife


My dear wife of 24 years is often conscience of the disparity between our ages, being quite far apart. She is currently 54 years old, and in great shape (for a woman of her age). That will get me in trouble for sure!
The other day, she went off to Shoppers Drugs to purchase some butter, eggs, Kleenex and a birthday card. All of these items were on sale and lost leaders, I suppose, for the drug store. Food now packs them into the drugstore instead of our running off to the supermarket (the inconvenience store) or the convenience store.

She did not try to look good for the clerk, or look bad. I believe she was at lunch, in between jobs, working at several children’s centers. She was dressed as normal, and made up as normal. I have to qualify all of this, as you can see from the sales slip, she was given, without asking, a seniors discount on the greeting card!

The $.74 discount had no positive effect on this shopper! She was mortified!

No comments:

Post a Comment