Thursday, April 28, 2011

What a wind!


Talk about a wind! What a day we had here. The wind was coming at 100 kph (kilometers per hour, about 62 miles an hour)

I was walking Max this morning and saying to him, “Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore”. This line is ranked #4 in the American Film Institute's list of the top 100 movie quotations in American cinema.

Stuff was flying past me and the debris began to pick up and I was pelted with detritus. Today was garbage pick up day in my neighborhood. Before I left to walk Max I put out three “green bins” with paper, plastic and assorted items, and when I returned they all were gone! The bins I was able to find within a block of my house, the assorted garage was long gone ion all my neighbors lawns.

Max was scratching at something on the ground, and I stopped to see what he had found that was so interesting. I looked harder and could not believe my eyes, he was sniffing a pair of women’s bikini thongs, stained and quite used, that had either come out of the trash somewhere along the way, or had been tossed out of a passing motor vehicle in a mad dash for excitement.

The day ended when I came home and found two eight foot sections of my wooden fence lying on the ground!

2 comments: