Friday, April 15, 2011

The Teddy



Editors Note: This is not anyone I know, it is a Teddy.

I never was one to kiss and tell too much. It always seemed inappropriate, and it required the need to brag about sexual conquests. Maybe I didn’t have too many of those so there was little to tell. Plus, certainly as a kid, the stories guys told were often made up.


My old friend calls every now and then and tells me stories from the “old days” and about “affairs” he has had with women I know. I wrote about one some time ago called (I think) Sex in the Pool. This was a confession from him about breaking into my back yard and “using” pool with a woman we both knew. He has permanently scarred me for life with the changing image of so many of my old friends.

So this story is not quite a “kiss and tell” but borders on one, but in thinking about it recently, it made me laugh.

I had a date with this woman, a lovely woman who I genuinely liked, and we ended up at my apartment (to no great surprise). Neither of us were married at the time so it breaks no moral codes I have. We worked our way upstairs to my bedroom, and were fumbling around (my term) when I found, much tio my surprise, she was wearing a Teddy! I had never seen such a thing before in my life!

A Teddy as described by Wikipedia:

A teddy, also called a bodysuit or camiknicker, is a form of bodysuit-like lingerie, in the past often worn in the boudoir. It is an undergarment which combines a camisole and panty in one piece. Unlike a full bodysuit, it is typically looser and more sheer, and may be designed to slip off from the shoulders, rather than to open at the crotch.

Originally, they were marketed under the name envelope chemise or camiknickers; the latter was coined in the 1920s when they were introduced as a one-piece garment and it was derived from camisole and knickers. It was an appropriate garment to wear under the shorter dresses of the time and also gained popularity during the World War II when women who served in military-related duties wore trousers instead of skirts. By the late 1940s the garment became less popular. The garment re-appeared in the lingerie market in the 1990s under the name teddy or bodysuit.

Cool guys, when I was a kid, would brag about how they could remove a girl’s bra with a snap of the fingers, just a snap and the little hooks would open. Now I’ve lived a long time but as far as I’ve ever seen, even with complete cooperation, this was not possible.

No matter how hard I worked at it, there was a degree of skill developed over time, but no instant snap worked.

The Teddy was another thing indeed! I had no idea where to start. Even in long ago hind sight, I was dumbfounded. As I remember, I had to ask her to remove it as I didn’t know where to start. I was over 40 year’s old and this was too much for me!

I have no more stories to tell as the rest is lost in memory. Let’s just say the rest of the night was magic! It probably wasn’t, and the woman would remember this a different way, but let me put myself in the best perspective! I guess that may border on bragging.

1 comment:

  1. The picture got me started, I took a break, then came back and read the whole blog.

    ReplyDelete