Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Who looked at the towels?



We were shopping on Sunday, a unique experience because now that we are empty nesters, we realize that we haven’t been shopping together for a long time.

We wandered around for a while separately, looking at various things and finally came together. My wife was holding a number of items to look at, several Christmas presents for the girls, a new, large can opener for my daughter in Toronto as the kids’ had broken, and some other junk. As well, a completely new set of bath towels and wash cloths in a matching green colour that will work with our larger bath. They were heavily discounted, so it was a bit of a bargain.

We got into line and waited to be served.

We arrived at the checkout and I was given the total. It seemed like a deal but I had not really been paying attention, and gave the woman my credit card and off we went.

As we exited the store, my wife quietly asked me, “Did she charge us for the towels?” I had to admit I wasn’t paying attention because, as each item was rung up, the clerk bent forward to put the item in the bag, lower down on a shelf, and she had incredible cleavage! I truly only paid my attention to that.

I had noticed, as sometimes it’s not nice to stare, that she had some trouble with the towels ringing in, and she tried three times, and even I heard the correct ding from the machine. But, perhaps it was an incorrect ding, but I was lost in cleavage land so I’m not sure.

In the world of conspiracy theory, this would have been done on purpose to confuse me and we would have been overcharged, but alas and alack, we were undercharged. In fact, when I got to the car I looked at the slip and we were never charged for the towels.

In a perfect world we would have rushed back and demanded forgiveness for making off with the towels. Not in my perfect world however, would this happen.

I smiled!

No comments:

Post a Comment