Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Phone Call


The phone was ringing and I was late. I was trying to get ready for my Board meeting, and the phone was going. I have a phone that tells me who is calling by saying it, so I don’t have to go and see who it is.

It was McGill University on the phone and I stopped. OMG, I thought, something is wrong with my daughter and they’re calling me. A father thinks like that when his kid is so many hours away, and off I ran to retrieve the phone.

The McGill University Parents Fund, of course! They had me! I should have known. If my daughter was in trouble it would never be at 6:00 p.m.! Only telemarketers call at that time.

I was caught and had no escape except the truth. I did not want to listen to his discussion points; I just wanted to know how much it would cost me for him to go away. He agreed not to explain it to me if I gave money, and so I did.

Ain’t life wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment