Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Girl in the White Terry Cloth Robe - reposted from October 24, 2010


 
I was looking through some old stories and this one brought a smile to m y face. There is no update, just a fond memory.
 

This story is a bit over the top and my son, the editor, will ask me to remove it but I will stay the course, because it’s good.

 Let’s start with the basics.

I was not married at the time of this story, and I was not cheating on anyone. I was a free agent so it’s OK to tell without getting into trouble.

 

My wife does not read this blog so I am free of worry except for those of you who read it and know her, and it may become a bit of a problem, depending upon your big mouth!

 It is in no way is bad, it’s just an old man’s memory and a good tale to tell.

 My neighbor was a fine young woman who I have written about before in these pages. We did go out together for a while, and this part of our story may have been from those times or perhaps immediately after it had ended, but clearly before she moved away or was married.

 
The young lady in question would call me from time to time early in the morning and invite me to breakfast, or at least to come over and have coffee with her in the mornings. Sometimes she would have a Danish or a bagel, but always a cup of coffee. Both of us had to go to work, so it was an effort to do these things and have enough time to get dressed. This, in fact, was the biggest part of the story, as I was dressed when I arrived, at least my tie was on if not pulled up, and I was ready to leave after getting a few items and could easily leave. She, on the other hand, was always about to get dressed when I arrived. She was, in fact, always the girl in the white terry cloth robe. This was not a big deal, except the robe was never closed, and she was never dressed!

 You see the problem already I’m sure. I had a few minutes to spare before I left, she was about coffee and getting dressed, and she pretended not to have planned all this. I was nonchalant about the whole thing, as you can already tell, because I’ve never forgotten it!  She was cool about it because she knew I’d not react!  And so we had a standoff! An all but naked young lady and an aging man, all dressed for work! And so we had coffee as she proceeded to get dressed.

 
I never broke my composure, she never expected me to. We had a beautiful relationship! It was a perfect liaison, if I were a gay man! However, it was a huge turn on and turn off simultaneously!

 
She moved, I moved, she got married and eventually, so did I. I heard from her after her divorce once, and I heard from her late in 1989, I think, as I left for Boston and she was about to marry her second husband. I never asked if she still “wore” the robe!

No comments:

Post a Comment