Saturday, April 28, 2012

Sisterhood of the Traveling Dress

My in-laws were hoarders. Not like you see on television, it’s hard to imagine anyone having been that extreme, but they collected stuff! After my father-in-law passed away, my mother-in-law has begun to deaccession herself of much of the junk. A lot of it was my father-in-laws so it was easier for her to get rid of.

She had saved her kids clothes, at least a lot of it, and now it seemed an appropriate time to get rid of it, now that her kids were over 40 and 50 years old! I have no idea how much of it went to the church or the Salvation Army, but some of it was sent to my daughter-in-law who was the only one in my family who had a little girl to wear what she had saved. I remember getting some sweaters for my girls earlier that had moth holes in them, and were of a style long forgotten, but I didn’t know what went to California to my kids.

This picture was sent to me last week and it’s my granddaughter Lena in my wife’s original dress. The photo of Lena was taken in April, 2012 and the photograph of my wife was taken in July 1960.
That’s 52 years later!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment