Sunday, April 22, 2012

Aution Questions

I am continually confused by post auction questions and comments. They usually surface during the first two weeks after our annual auction, although many happen on the lead up. Some of the questions and comments include:

I just brought the painting home (I already bid on and paid for of course) and it just doesn’t match the living room.

Oh, the Rembrandt’s only a print (etching)?

Do you remember the big red painting in Studio three, the one with the barn?  (One of 1287 art objects for sale)

Do you know where my cousin Ernie’s painting is?

There are way too many photographs included in this auction. (note: don’t buy one)

Is this one an original? (No, the other one is.)

How much did the little blue panting sell for? (Same kind of answer, of the 1287 pieces I will not only know the selling price, but I’ll not know which one was the little blue one).

Which one is the best investment? (mine!)

What will it sell for? (How the hell do I know?)

If I buy it will I get a tax receipt? (NO!!, you’re buying something!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment