Monday, January 16, 2012

“It’s so small!”


I was given a cute little martini shaped pin, that had a blinker in it, so it blinked and blinged all day. It was very cute and my beautiful, young (younger than me for sure) friend loved it. She was excited by it, and came over to me and pulled it. It came off in her hand, upsetting her of course because she hadn’t meant to do such a thing.

She looked at the back and realized it wasn’t held on with a pin mechanism, it was “magic”. “What held it in place”, she asked? “A magnet”, I exclaimed. “Where did it go?” Down my sweater, “I guessed. I pulled out the bottom of my sweater and the magnet fell to the floor.

Embarrassed, she went down on her knees to retrieve the magnet from the floor in front of me. She found it, and held it up, and with an apologetic look she said, “It’s so small!”

OK, it’s my birthday I know, and she’s trying to help, but when you get as old as me, the last thing you want is for a beautiful woman to be in front of you, on her knees, exclaiming to the world, “It’s so small!”




1 comment:

  1. love your stories. 24 hours later and I'm still laughing

    ReplyDelete