Saturday, January 28, 2012

Big Guy


Last week I was in the plane wending my way back home via Chicago. I arrived at the seat with trepidation, knowing I’m a big boy and hoping there would not be three people in the seats as it would be bound to inconvenience someone and I was to blame. I got to row 25 and laughed. In the window seat was a guy who was at least 500 pounds! I was the least of anyone’s problems. I said to him, “It looks like they put us together on purpose!” He laughed and I sat down in the aisle seat and knew there was no way anyone could possibly seat between us unless they were the size of a clarinet.
This was a full plane!

He told me not to worry, as he had purchased two seats and no one could sit next to us. He proudly showed me his ticket stubs. I did ask about one first class seat but he assured me they were sometimes too small for him.
I looked at his produced ticket stubs as he asked me to, and I laughed.

I said,” You have two seats all right but you have 25B and 26B. This means you have to be in two different rows!”

Needless to say when the guy in his seat showed up and looked at us he was happy to move into 26B.

We had a nice conversation which did not dwell upon size and made it easily to Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment