Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Stereo Saga

After a careful search of the available bargains, and a dumping of our stereo equipment through Kijiji, I made the Executive Decision to purchase a sound bar and eliminate the complexities of our lives. Things are difficult enough, and I didn’t want to hire a space alien to figure out how to make all our crap work together. It is difficult having a million remotes already, and stereo sound that isn’t what it used to be, so here was an easy solution.

I looked at reviews and bargains and decided good or bad, to buy a Samsung Sound Bar, having a large screen Samsung TV and a Samsung Blue ray player already.  Future Shop had the sale on, and I purchased it over the net, and had it scheduled for delivery to my office, as no one would be home.
It was sent from Mississauga, Ontario, bit it seemed to take a long time for the “in stock” item to be shipped. When it finally was shipped, I had the tracking number to follow the pathway.

Here is the tracking history:
I purchased the item on the 9th of September from a facility that is 40 minutes away.

It was processed at the post office facility on the 12th.
It was moved to the Stoney Creek post office facility (30 minutes away) on the 14th.

It went out for delivery on the 15th.
The tracking said:  Business closed for the day. Item on hold for second delivery attempt.

I called and spoke to a very nice woman and explained that during the ensuing time since I ordered the sound bar, our business front entrance was being worked on and a large sign instructs anyone to use our rear entrance. She was very understanding and said she would inform the Stoney Creek facility of the situation and that we were not closed.
On the 16th the item went out for delivery.

The tracking said:  Business closed for the day. Item on hold for second delivery attempt.
I went ballistic and called Future Shop and explained my plight and that it wasn’t my fault and they were very understanding as they had these kind of problems before. I suggested they would be receiving the package in return from the post office after this second attempt and they promised to refund my money.

I called the post office with hope of talking to someone in Stoney Creek but she could not give out the post office secret numbers so she asked me to hold and she would get the supervisor,
After a 15-20 minute hold, a supervisor in Ottawa answered and asked about the problem. I did go ballistic, and said I didn’t need anyone on Ottawa, I needed someone in Stoney Creek, but to no avail. When I explained the situation he explained that they will not deliver in a construction site. I explained the sign, the fact that our regular mail had been delivered this way and he said they will not deliver in a construction s site. I screamed F--- Y--!!! And I hung up panting.

On the 19th, it said: Item processed at local delivery facility and I assumed it was being sent back.
I went out and shopped at Best Buy who now had it on sale. Of course they did not have it on display, but they did the cheaper model which I hated and decided maybe this was not a great move. However, they also had the Bose stuff on sale for TV’s, and it was very simple, small and required no brains to use. It sounded great and my computer email had a Best Buy coupon for an addition $50 off. So, I bought it.

On the 20th, while the construction people had taken a day off, the post office delivered the Samsung Sound bar!

1 comment:

  1. should have bought a Bose Wave system!!!!xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete