Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Guitar Hero ?


Seven years ago my family very generously bought me a new Martin D-15 guitar for my 60th birthday. I have cherished this guitar and played it these last years, and recently there has been a deterioration of the plastic pick guard, the piece that sits on the front to protect the wood from the pick.

It has been a gradual scratching, and then a tearing away of the surface. I was shocked as I’d never seen this happen on a guitar of mine, especially not a Martin. It was unheard of.

I thought about repair at the factory, and having visited them in Nazareth PA, I know they do repairs, but shipping internationally would be crazy for such a small thing. Then decided that I’d take it into a local store where it was purchased, to see if they could fix it for me. I planned to do this “soon”.

This morning I went to play the guitar to find it repaired! I was stunned! I ran into the kitchen to tell Sandy and Lilly what happened, it had healed, and yelled “look at this guitar, it’s repaired!”. Before I got it all out of my mouth Sandy said, “Oh, I removed that plastic cover over the pick guard, it was such a mess”………..

1 comment:

  1. Hey Arthur
    I think lovely Sandy was trying to be helpful.
    She is that way you know.
    I think you should grow another mustache.
    I'm sure your girls will just love that.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete