Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Strange Breakfast Arrivals


My friend is retired and sits around a lot and thinks of things to do. He takes a lot of baths I am told (I never go and see) and he reads the paper and looks at the stocks on line. He is constantly rebuilding his house so his wife will get a better price for it when he dies. He worries about popcorn ceilings and door mouldings and such, way too much.

He is a great gardener, and grows some stuff that he doesn’t like so I can get it. We encourage him to keep it going. I like Swiss Chard, and we gets tons!

One of his pet projects is muffin making. He is good at it and every now and then we receive mysterious bags of baked goods in our vestibule. We usually find them within the day and they don’t often have to sit out overnight.

Here are two bags, each with a few muffins, and they are the result of a man with way too much time on his hands. The bags, you will notice, are quite greasy, just like the good old days of donut purchases before the modern age. I have translated the writing, as seem below.

Breakfast Muffin with one change

Used with the addition of Montreal corn beef Deli on Eglington Ave in Mississauga

I got dispensation from the Rabbi.

Pear and Pecan

Do not know yet - have not made before

They are quite good, and the meat ones were fantastic but I better not tell him for fear we’ll get more. A leftover sandwich may not be everyone’s idea of a perfect larder! There is no refrigeration used anywhere, much like an Asian bakery. It’s magic!

No comments:

Post a Comment