Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Christmas Card


After a long day, we had come to the realization that we had to soon order our family photo Christmas card if we were going ahead with our normal order, usually 100 cards. Many of them are sent by email, so we do many more than the 100.

The photo had been selected during the year, from a visit to the Chautauqua Institution. The four of us along with my mother-in-law were included. We had a discussion about how to include my mother-in-law in the card and how we could explain her easily in the signature line. I played around with Photoshop and removed her, and it looks fine so we solved that problem. I hope she didn’t want to be there.

I received an email from Costco reminding me that it was time to reorder Christmas photo gifts etc., so I saved the email until the correct moment arrived. Although we were in a hurry, we decided to get it over as quickly as possible.

I opened the link from the email and started to use the site. It didn’t recognise me and I ended up stating over as a new customer, assuming they lost my account. I uploaded the one photo, but as a full size photo it seemed to take forever. Once there, we looked through the various options and had to try out at least six or seven combinations to see what worked. Than we had to select a type face, a color and something to say to get it all correct. It took forever but finally it was right.

We ordered and the prices were just not what we expected, a bit too cheap, but they could have lowered the price this year so while I mentioned it, there was no other recognition of a problem. Finally, as we were finishing the order, they ask us which state we live in! We don’t live in any state, we live in Canada, and so this damn thing won’t work!  Almost an hour spent doing this!

I went to My Favourites and chose Costco and got Canadian Costco, not the one that sent the email, and they had my original account, all my old photos and were ready to go as soon as I re-uploaded my new photo. The cards were of course, different. We had spent so much time already that this part took very little time and it 15 minutes later and we were done. The cards will be ready sometime today, and the 100 cards are still around $35.00, a bit more than the US cards, but still very cheap. The postage is more than the cards.

I may never figure out how I get email from the US Costco (I get Canadian as well) even though I’ve never been to one, except I may have done just the same thing before….

No comments:

Post a Comment