Friday, December 20, 2013

Holiday Gift 2013


My aunt called yesterday to get my mother-in-laws telephone number so she could thank her for the lovely holiday gift she received. It was a great box of special candy, chocolate and mint as well as some other candy items. I gave her the phone number but realized right afterwards that I had it wrong and actually had given my aunt her own number for at least the last 4 digits. My mother-in-laws number is XXX- XXX-0847 while my aunt’s number is XXX-XXX-0164. I gave my aunt the 0164 suffix with my mother in laws beginning numbers.

OK, this was screwed up enough, add to that I am old and getting older and my aunt is 95! It was a mess! I called immediately and corrected it, and thought for a moment, and called my mother-in -law (who is 85) and asked her if she had sent chocolate mint candy to my aunt. She had not, so I called my aunt back for a third time to tell her the chocolate mint candy came from me, as I thought it sounded familiar!

There was only one card that she saw with the two boxes (delivered on the same day) and assumed the card covered both boxes. Not so!

Since I didn’t pay for the extra card, my printed message must be printed on the address label and she never saw it. I explained that my mother-in-law had sent Turkish paste and we had sent Chocolate Mint Bark candy (which she liked best because she told me about it thinking it came from my mother in law).

This is way too complicated a story, and my daughter complained that I spent 45 minutes shouting into the phone, given no one hears that well anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment