Sunday, June 9, 2013

Gillette Fusion Proglide Power and Manual Razors


 

This is another one of those razor stories that I have written before, but I’ve added a new chapter to the saga. I know I’ve complained about the cost of the razor cartridges on these before, but they do seem to last a long time. While the company says they last “up to five weeks”, in my experience I can get two weeks (or almost two weeks) out of a cartridge and I do like it.

However, lately I’ve been looking at the Power version wondering what it does. I mean, a battery in a regular razor seems superfluous. What could it do?

Shoppers Drugs finally did it for me! They sent me a coupon for the Proglide Power, which was a free one. I was so happy, as it simply bothered me that it had a battery, and it seemed so useless.

I took my coupon to the store and got a new one, but in the end the battery was missing from the case and I had to take one from my collection of batteries in my freezer, as going back to the store seemed like way too much trouble for one AAA battery.

I always have a collection of AA and AAA batteries in the freezer plus a collection of those little round ones that fit in watches. I always seem to be In need of one when I least expect it.

This morning I put in the battery and tried the razor.

First, the little blue light on top lights up! As well, the whole thing vibrates! It does not however get the internet, Wi-Fi or use Bluetooth! It shaves pretty well, as good as the manual one, but seemingly no better and is a lot more scary as it buzzes and shakes.

I used it twice and now have put it away in favour of my non-power version which works just fine!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment