Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Facebook Message


For some unknown reason, Facebook decided that my email address at work was no longer viable, so they changed my address to me home address. This means in essence that all messages delivered to my email come to me at home. This is no problem at all, as I am usually in one of those two places.

A friend of mine on Facebook, who I know through a professional relationship had posted that she was moving to Calgary. I responded to her post on Facebook, that I used to live there, and still had many friends in Calgary, and if she needed information, I could always hook her up with a group of artists who may know the answers.

She responded with thanks etc., and I am not sure what happened next but at some point she said it was nice of me to offer help. I had made her feel better.

On my email page her message appeared, along with her photo because it’s a Facebook message. She is a beautiful young woman. The message says something about helping her to feel better etc.

My wife opened the email and my email appears first. She sees a photo of a young woman who she does not know (the professional relationship) who is thanking me for making her feel better.

I hardly have to explain the follow up conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment