Thursday, January 3, 2013

Another Christmas Story


A few days before Christmas I arrive home to find a present left at our doorstep. Here is a package with chocolates, a bottle of wine, a $50 gift card for car washes and a nice letter. I was being thanked by my automobile repair service because we were one of their top 20 customers for 2012!

What a nice gift. Here we were probably included with fleet owners and the like, a great customer translates as one of the top 20 biggest spenders of the year!

This is a dubious distinction.

I was happy these last 13 years never knowing they gave away gifts to their top spenders. I didn’t need to be in that category.

We are loyal customers and I would have been honoured to be singled out for years of loyal service, not biggest spender!

Let us hope that we never see this special honour again. Let us fade back into the woodwork.

So, as I get ready to go and get my free car wash, Merry Christmas to the Car Guys and may we not spend another holiday together again!

No comments:

Post a Comment