Wednesday, August 1, 2012

It was nice to know I was good for something...


The sound of frustration could be heard in my wife’s phone message. The phone was not working at home (she was on her cell) and there seemed to be nothing she could do. The internet and cable worked but the phone, also through Cogeco, was dead. My daughter had moved stuff around last night as she upgraded her new computer operating system and of course, although she was sure she’d done nothing, she had screwed up the system.

I told my wife to call Cogeco and explain what had happened and see if they could tell what was wrong over the line. The next call, seeming even more frustrated, told me they could come out in a week, sometime next Wednesday between noon and five and see what had happened. They were sure a line had died or something had been pulled out of the wall, all of which I knew was crap!

I went home, screamed at my daughter for a bit out of sheer frustration, but got her to help me move some wires around and in three plugs, repaired the damage.

We called Cogeco and cancelled the appointment, and I moved the correct phones to the correct places. My daughter had screwed it all up by using the phone modem and not the wireless/wired modem and nothing would be good until the right plugs went back to the right places.

The nice thing was that my wife told me I better not ever die because no one knows how to fix anything around there except me. Although she found out my secret, it was nice to know I was good for something!

No comments:

Post a Comment