Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Dishwasher Saga continues...

The dishwasher replacement which I have already written about included the removal of the molding in front of the old dishwasher. Now it didn’t match the cabinets adjacent to it. My wife complained and wanted the molding redone, and I knew I’d eventually get around to doing it. When she asked again, I decided to do it, and since she was present, and my knees have gone to hell, I asked her to measure what was needed.

I handed her a measuring tape and asked her to check, as I believed it was just a 1” x 4” piece of MDF, which it was. I guessed it was about 24” wide, as the dishwasher is that width. She measured with a bit of trouble and said it was, in fact, 24” wide.

I went off to Home Depot to purchase a piece of MDF, and have them cut it. The smallest size of 1” x 4” white MDF available is 8’ long, but since it was only $4.10, I figured I could always find a use for the rest, and besides, in case she measured wrong, I still would have enough left over.

I got the piece, had it cut and brought it home. It was too small!

I offered to caulk it to fit but she hated that idea. She wanted another piece and re-measured the space, after I got her mid-range reading glasses from the piano. The trifocals she has made the reading off.

It was 24 5/16” wide. I took the piece next door and got my neighbor, who was renovating his kitchen, to cut the right size piece as the whole thing was his fault.

You ask how is this his fault? He’s our optometrist!


No comments:

Post a Comment